Easy Peasy Beer Bread
Sounds like the easiest bread recipe ever. No rising time. No kneading. I’ll have to give this a try soon.
If you are a little scared of baking with yeast, this is a great first bread to make. It is impossible to mess up and requires no kneading. And unlike the near ubiquitous no knead bread, there is no need to wait 20 hours to bake it, you can have it in the oven as soon as it is done preheating. (from Coconut & Lime)
Beer bread photo from Flickr.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/4 oz active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 12 oz bottle beer (we used Smithwicks)
- 1 bunch onions
- optional add ins:
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400. Oil or spray a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, stir together salt, pepper, paprika, cheese (if using), green onion, yeast and flour.
- Add the beer and stir until a dough forms.
- Shape into a round loaf and place on the greased baking sheet.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until the loaf is slightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack 10-15 minutes before slicing.