Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
Spicy and sweet and salty…what more could you ask for?
These peppery-sweet potatoes are delicious with roasted meats. Cooking them at a high heat makes their interior tender just as the sugar-and-spice coating begins to caramelize and brown the outside. (Recipe from Sweetnicks)
- 6 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 500°. Peel potatoes; cut each lengthwise into quarters.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl; coat with cooking spray. Combine sugar, salt, and peppers, and sprinkle over potatoes, tossing well to coat.
- Arrange potatoes, cut sides down, in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 500° for 10 minutes; turn wedges over.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown.
I would probably sub the cooking spray with a few tablespoons of olive oil or veggie oil, but other than that this sounds delicious.
Photo from Flickr.