Since most of you will probably be celebrating St. Patty’s Day this weekend, here’s some tips for pouring the perfect glass (from yumsugar).
To ensure that your pint is poured just right, Guinness Brewmaster Fergal Murray has some great tips:
- Use a clean, dry glass — preferably an Imperial 20-ounce pint with branded logo
- Hold the glass at a 45-degree angle and never allow the spout to touch the beer or glass
- The Pour: Pull faucet down and allow beer to fill glass. You will see the surge commence
- The Settle: Allow the nitrogen bubbles create the theater and wonderful surge event, creating the beautiful creamy head
- The Top Up: The beer has settled (there is a distinct gap between dark liquid and head) and the glass is topped up slowly to create a domed effect with the head proud of the glass
- The Presentation: Give the creation of the perfect pint to the adoring customer
Speaking of Guinness, check out their website for some great looking retro Guinness advertisement posters for about $20.