Nacho Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 cups small elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup bottled thick and chunky salsa verde (medium heat)
- 1 cup (packed) fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 cups (packed) coarsely grated sharp cheddar cheese (12 ounces), divided
- 4 teaspoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon (scant) ground cloves
- 1 cup large corn chips
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook macaroni in large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, blend salsa and cilantro in processor. Toss 2 cups cheese and flour in medium bowl to coat.
- Bring milk, cream, and cloves to simmer in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add cheese mixture. Whisk until sauce is smooth, about 1 minute. Mix in macaroni; season with pepper.
- Spread half of macaroni mixture in 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Drop half of salsa mixture over in dollops. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining macaroni mixture and salsa mixture. Sprinkle chips over. Top with 1/2 cup cheese. Bake until heated through, about 10 minutes.