Baked Fontina Non-Fondue
I found this recipe on Leites Culinaria and it sounded way too good and too easy not to post it. I imagine you can really do this with all different types of cheese and toppings, but this way sounds delicious.
- 1.5 lbs Italian Fontina, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 c Olive Oil
- 6 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tblsp Thyme
- 1 teasp Rosemary, chopped
- salt & pepper
- fresh bread
- Preheat the broiler.
- Toss fontina into cast iron skillet.
- Drizzle with oil, scatter spices and seasoning.
- Broil until bubbly, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Serve with bread for dunking.