Parmesan Cheese Crisps
This is a simple recipe. Too simple really. But it’s damn good and easy and quick.
- Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
- cooking spray or a dab of olive oil
- There are really two ways to do this. Both work pretty well. Once your cheese is shredded, spray or oil up a pan (so your cheese doesn’t stick) but make sure you don’t have puddles of oil. Just enough to coat.
- Heat oven to about 350 or warm up a pan on about medium heat.
- If you’re going with the oven method, just make piles of cheese. Make sure your piles are more spread out than they are actual piles. You want the cheese to form crisps. Cook this for 5-10 minutes, but keep an eye on it. It happens fast. You’re looking for a golden color.
- If you’re going with the pan method, just make little piles again and keep an eye on it. Again, go for golden.
- Once they’ve turned gold, remove from oven or pan and let sit and harden for a good 5 minutes.
- You can eat these as a snack or plate them with a nice italian dinner. Great with pasta. And you can get really creative with your crisps…when they’re taken out to harden, feel free to place them in a funnel or small bowl in order to form cheese baskets.