Archive for February 23rd, 2007|Daily archive page
Growing up, my mother wasn’t a cook, but there were two dishes she made that are quick and really good. They’re simple, cheap, but damn tasty. I still make them to this day. Here’s the first…
- 1 package of ground beef
- 1 box of forkable pasta (ie., bowtie, elbow, etc.)
- garlic salt
- olive oil
- Cook your pasta like normal. Drain and set aside.
- Heat about a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan on high. Toss in the ground beef and break it up as much as possible. You want little bite size pieces. Season the beef with garlic salt while it’s cooking.
- Once the meat has browned, toss in the pasta and mix. Add more garlic salt if needed. Mix again. Let this cook for a while til everything is starting to brown and season. Personally, I like the meat and noodles to be browned all over, but you might like it less.
- When everything is mixed well and cooked through, spoon into bowls.
- Next, top each bowl with about a tablespoon or two of ketchup and mix.